The book's second half offers a comprehensive reference to GIMP's many features, including drawing, transformation, and color balance tools, selections, masks, filters, and plug-ins. Tools are described in unparalleled detail, with coverage of every option and parameter. You'll also find coverage of GIMP 2.8's many new features like the new single window interface, layer groups, tool presets, and more.
The Book of GIMP will teach you how to:
- Make old and damaged photos look like new
- Improve the color balance and composition of images, and remove distortions and noise
- Create stunning panoramas and digital collages by blending a series of photos
- Create colorful digital art, layer by layer
- Work with selections, channels, and masks to edit your images like a pro
- Make, edit, and export animated GIFs and short digital videos
- Customize nearly every aspect of your GIMP experience
With clear instructions for beginners as well as encyclopedic coverage for experts, The Book of GIMP is your go-to resource for all things GIMP, regardless of your experience level.